Exchange Server upgrade
We offer migration services from Exchange Server 2010 to a newer, supported version. We provide comprehensive service and support for companies. We implement Hybrid Exchange.
End of support for Exchange Server 2010
Support only until October 13, 2020
The life cycle for Exchange Server is typically 10 years from the first release of a given version of the system. During the lifecycle, the software is supported, updates are provided with new functionalities, security updates are released, patches are released for reported problems, bugs, etc.
After this period, support ends, which means Microsoft will no longer update the old software version. For Exchange Server 2010, the end of support is October 13, 2020.
What does the end of support for Exchange Server 2010 mean?
- No technical support from the software manufacturer for problems that may arise while using the server.
- No updates and fixes for bugs that may affect the stability and usability of the server.
- No updates and security fixes for the server.
- Time zones not updated.
Mail server security
End of life for Exchange 2010 server brings serious consequences regarding the security of the server infrastructure for companies that have not yet migrated to a newer version of the software.
The lack of patches and security updates for the service that requires opening selected ports on the firewall means that it is not possible to consciously maintain the old, unsupported version of the software in the company’s IT system.
Migration to a newer version of Exchange
Migrating to a newer version of Exchange Server (e.g. 2016) is a choice of a path, which is a natural consequence of the solution used so far. An organization may be interested in having an on-premise e-mail server for a number of reasons.
Exanet offers full support related to the implementation and configuration of the Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2019 server (the 2010 version can be upgraded to 2013 or 2016, it is not possible to directly migrate from 2010 to 2019).
Exchange Server Hybrid
A hybrid solution (Exchange Server Hybrid) which includes both the migration to Exchange Online (Microsoft cloud solution) and usage of an on-premise instance of Exchange Server with full integration with the local AD is potentially the right course of action for companies currently using Exchange Server 2010 and considering a possible solution for themselves.
The hybrid combines the advantages of the cloud with the possibility of central management of user authorization (Hybrid Identity created using the existing Active Directory). Larger companies consciously use the implementation and application of security policies defined in AD in services used by users, not only because of the optimization of IT service management, but also due to the comfort of using the services by employees (logging in to services using credentials from AD). Exanet has extensive experience in hybrid implementations.
Migrating to Microsoft 365 (Office 365) is a possible solution for companies that are looking for a solution at the end of the Exchange Server 2010 life cycle. Full cloud service can be an interesting option when the IT strategy does not emphasize the development of server infrastructure in the organization.
Migration to Microsoft 365 can take place in three ways, depending on the number of users, the accepted level of complexity of the procedure and the planned time horizon of the migration (cutover migration, staged migration, full hybrid migration). Exanet has completed many IT projects related to the implementation of Microsoft 365 (Office 365) in enterprises in Poland and Europe.
Exchange Server has many advantages
- All the organization’s mail data is stored on its own, secure server, which is a security requirement for many companies.
- The IT department can implement its own email backup policy.
- Users work on cached files, which enables individual configuration tailored to the needs of the company and improves the speed of the service.
- Possibility to freely define the capacity of e-mail boxes for users.
- Email sync on multiple devices at the same time.
- Facilities such as: a shared database of contacts, distribution groups, shared calendars, resources, inboxes.
- Advanced configuration of user protection against spam, phishing, malware.
- Premium functionality – litigation hold (control over all messages passing through the organization, also removed).
Exanet has migrated e-mail services to the Exchange environment for many companies from all over Europe
The hybrid solution uses Exchange Online Protection
One of the great advantages of Exchange Online is the anti-spam and anti-malware protection provided by Microsoft’s advanced multi-layered filters as part of the service. EOP (Exchange Online Protection) protects sent and incoming messages against malware (viruses, spyware). The service does not require configuration or maintenance on the part of the company’s IT department, but it is possible to make adjustments in EAC (Exchange Admin Center).
The Exchange Hybrid solution offers the full possibility of using the anti-malware and anti-spam protection available in Exchange Online, which facilitates the management of the IT infrastructure in the company and enhances the safety and comfort of users’ work in the long term.
End of support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1
On March 31, 2020, the largest technology companies will stop supporting TLS (Transport Layer Security) 1.0 and 1.1 in their products and solutions. For organizations still using Exchange Server 2010, it will be important to adjust the server configuration to the new conditions to maintain proper communication between Outlook and Exchange, OWA access, etc.
The preferred and supported version of TLS 1.2 since April 1 is not enabled by default in Exchange Server 2010, which is why administrators should address this issue first.
We are a Microsoft partner
For Exanet customers, the status of a Microsoft partner that we have had for many years is a guarantee of appropriate substantive preparation and experience of engineers who provide services in the field of audits, implementations and configuration of Exchange mail servers for companies.
The proof of our clients’ trust is the constant cooperation in the area of managing the on-premise Exchange Server and cloud services, which we carry out with many large companies in Poland and Europe.
Exanet offers full support for Exchange Server migration for businesses
- We audit the Exchange Server service used in the company.
- We prepare recommendations and advise on the optimal choice of the Exchange mail solution for the company.
- We configure and reconfigure Exchange Server in the organization.
- We implement solutions combining cloud services (Exchange Online) with Active Directory in the company’s infrastructure (Exchange Hybrid).
- We offer comprehensive service. We select solutions, configure and migrate e-mail boxes. We provide software licenses, access licenses and certificates.
- We implement a backup policy along with the necessary hardware and software solutions.
- We prepare solutions for e-mail protection (hardware and software).
- We implement solutions securing the operation of the mail server depending on the availability of an Internet connection.