File servers and data secuity
We offer individually tailored solutions for secure file servers.
Secure file servers for large organizations
Among the IT services provided by Exanet and dedicated to medium and large companies, the implementation of safe solutions related to file servers deserves a distinction. Sooner or later, every large organization faces the need to implement an efficient way to share and store files for use by co-workers or other services.
Professional solutions for file servers facilitate the work of the company’s employees, increase efficiency, increase security and reduce the time needed to maintain the IT infrastructure by the IT department.
User files stored on the server
In a well-organized IT environment in an enterprise, it is a policy not to store vital user files locally on computers. This is due to, among other things, the problems of backups and anti-virus protection related to valuable data of colleagues.
The implementation of the file server service, i.e. making the files created and used at work available to employees on the server under the care of the IT system administrator, brings many benefits for the organization.
Data shared by multiple users
File servers, in addition to storing important files and folders for a specific user (where only a given user has access as if he were using a hard disk on his computer), offer the possibility of simultaneous access to information stored in files for many users. If two or more people in the organization need access to the same files – the file server is the optimal solution.
The benefits of having a file server
- Ability to define and differentiate user rights to files and folders.
- Ability to define the space shared with users or groups.
- Regular file server backup (possibility to restore individual files from backup).
- Faster backup of data located on the server compared to making single copies of data from computers.
- Data antivirus protection.
- The ability to map the organizational structure of the company in the structure of shared folders.
- High level of protection in the event of disk failure.
- Ability to encrypt drives to increase the level of security.
We implement comprehensive, individually prepared solutions for secure file servers
Implementation of the file server by Exanet
- Most often we use Microsoft Windows Server (operating system to be installed on the server), which in each version acts as a file server with an advanced authorization system.
- Exanet engineers are certified by Microsoft and carry out implementations in accordance with the procedures defined by the manufacturer, guaranteeing the highest level of security.
- We have experience in implementing a file server solution for many of our clients.
- We offer a comprehensive service: we prepare the solution individually, we provide the necessary hardware platform, software, licenses, we implement the server.
- For many of our clients, we provide file server management services, i.e. constant care ensuring security.
- We map the customer’s organizational structure with folders on the server.
- We connect file servers with Active Directory.
- We provide services to English-speaking companies.
Exanet is a Microsoft partner
The experience we have been gaining since 2003 allows us to provide services related to the implementation of file servers for companies while maintaining a very high level of quality. We focus on the efficiency and security of the solutions used. Our engineers’ competence is confirmed by the status of a Microsoft partner.
ownCloud for Business
We implement a solution that allows you to create a corporate cloud using the organization’s server infrastructure. Access to files is possible from any location via the Internet. Files can be shared inside the cloud between groups or users and publicly (password protection and link availability). The convenience for users is the ability to encrypt, version and recover files. ownCloud has many additional applications that can be individually selected according to the client’s preferences.